Friday 7 June 2019

What statistics, bar graph, tally chart and pictogram are!

 Hi, my name is Fox and Room 4 has been learning about statistics, bar graphs, tally charts and pictograms! I will now tell you what statistics is! Statistics is when you gather information. Now I will tell you what a bar graph is and what you need to make one! A bar graph is a type of graph!DUH!!!!! You will need a X and Y access.  The Y access is for putting the numbers on. Make sure you don't put the numbers too far apart! .The X access is for putting the options. You will have to write the options going downwards. You will need a question at the top. Make sure you use the options. They are the 2nd most important thing you need to make a bar graph. Also colour in the options amounts. Don't forget the statements. Now I will tell you what a tally chart is!!! A tally chart is similar to a pictogram, but there are a few differences. A tally chart is something you record on. Now I will tell you how to make one. You will need the options, the tally marks. You do four tally marks close together, then do a fifth line going across the other four lines. You need a box under each option. That is where you draw the tally marks. That is how you make one!! Now I will tell you what a pictogram is! A pictogram is a type of graph!!!!! Now I shall tell you what you need to make one!! You need the options, a Y access, some X accesses going from the top to the bottom going across, the pictures for the amount of votes. That is how you make one!!! I really enjoyed learning about the pictogram because I never knew it existed!! I found gathering the information really challenging because I had to walk around a lot. I want to learn more about the three graphs!!!! How do you make the graphs????!? Huh? Oh. Okay!!!!! I will show you what they look like now!!! Sorry I can not put the bar graph.




1 comment:

  1. Good job I really liked the pictures and how they showed you how it looked maybe next time you could split up the words a little and make it eaiser to read?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post