Friday 8 November 2019

Saving Sand Dunes

We are learning about sand dunes and how to save them. We went down onto the sand to learn to be good stewards of the sand. The sand dunes protect us from the wind and the waves. The person that taught us about the plants and animals was named Cecilia.

The plants on the sand dunes are the ice plant, marran grass, pingao and the purple ground sea. The animals that live in the sand are the katipo, sand hopper and the skink. We also made mini sand dunes and decorated them with sticks and stuff. My group got about 3 beetles in our sand dune! After we built the sand dunes the groups did a show and tell and talked about the sand dunes. The sand dune that my group made had a parking lot, a beetle arena, some holes for the beetles to live in and our things to protect the sand dune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post